Saturday 11 February 2017

Chassis sorted out

Its been a while since i last posted.

I have been doing odd bits and pieces, but most importantly, I managed to get the chassis away to be sorted out by Duncan Reuben of TVR Classiscs

As it turns out, once the chassis was measured up, it became clear that several errors had been made when it was originally fabricated back in 2000. It seems some of the dimensions were intended for a Griffith chassis. These all had to be cut out and then re-welded correctly. Fortunately the problems related to things like the bottom diff carrier tubes being set too low and the brackets that take the support arms of the diff, being incorrectly placed; nothing that needed major tubes being cut about. The engine mounts were also in the wrong place as I had already suspected.

The car came back in the first week of January and I re-assembled the drive train straight away so I could take these pictures. The engine just dropped into place as sweet as a nut.



so now I can get on with it in earnest again

No comments:

Post a Comment